DutchNews, June 22, 2017
The European Court of
Justice on Thursday ruled in favour of four daycare workers sacked in a
pre-packed bankruptcy deal.
The case was brought by the FNV trade union
representing the four who lost their jobs when daycare group Estro went bust in
2014 and restarted immediately as Smallsteps. In total, 1,000 of the 3,800
members of staff lost their jobs.
A pre-pack deal allows companies to
restructure and prepare a restart as part of the bankruptcy process but has
been condemned for leaving staff and suppliers in the lurch. Unions say it is
often used by companies as a way to force through a reorganisation.
which had been asked to rule on the situation by a lower Dutch court, said that
workers involved in a pre-pack bankruptcy should keep the same rights as in a
normal takeover. In the pre-pack set-up they often end up with worse pay and
conditions and only a small financial settlement if made redundant.
court ruling means all Estro staff are officially employed by Smallsteps
because ‘European law takes precedence’ labour law professor Evert Verhulp told
news agency ANP.
‘However, to claim back pay, they should have made it clear
that they wanted to continue in their jobs. That does apply to the four who
went to court. The others will be able to apply for a golden handshake but it
is unclear if Smallsteps will be able to pay.’
Other companies which have used
the pre-pack bankruptcy construction include McGregor, prawn processor Heiploeg,
travel agency Neckermann, lingerie retailer Marlies Dekker and the Free Record
‘This ruling means that the pre-pack is no longer an attractive way to
reorganise and get rid of staff and secondary benefits cheaply,’ FNV deputy
chairman Kitty Jong said in a statement. ‘Up to today, workers had no rights if
a company went bust.’
"This World Belongs to Everybody" & "The Big Picture - You Are Not Alone"
"The State of the Earth" - The Predicted Weather Shift (Mini Ice Age - 2032 !!)
"The State of the Earth" - The Predicted Weather Shift (Mini Ice Age - 2032 !!)
- 20 years on, former Eurogroup head says euro a source of stability
- In sadness, EU leaders approve Brexit deal
- Dutch PM outlines challenges facing Europe, closer union ‘no goal’
- Former Dutch Prime Minister Rudd Lubbers dies
- Europe pays tribute to Helmut Kohl, 'a giant' of post-war history
- German veteran leader, EU visionary Kohl dies
- EU founding fathers signed 'blank' Treaty of Rome
“ … Here is another one. A change in what Human nature will allow for government. "Careful, Kryon, don't talk about politics. You'll get in trouble." I won't get in trouble. I'm going to tell you to watch for leadership that cares about you. "You mean politics is going to change?" It already has. It's beginning. Watch for it. You're going to see a total phase-out of old energy dictatorships eventually. The potential is that you're going to see that before 2013. They're going to fall over, you know, because the energy of the population will not sustain an old energy leader ..."
"Update on Current Events" – Jul 23, 2011 (Kryon channelled by Lee Carroll) - (Subjects: The Humanization of God, Gaia, Shift of Human Consciousness, 2012, Benevolent Design, Financial Institutes (Recession, System to Change ...), Water Cycle (Heat up, Mini Ice Ace, Oceans, Fish, Earthquakes ..), Nuclear Power Revealed, Geothermal Power, Hydro Power, Drinking Water from Seawater, No need for Oil as Much, Middle East in Peace, Persia/Iran Uprising, Muhammad, Israel, DNA, Two Dictators to fall soon, Africa, China, (Old) Souls, Species to go, Whales to Humans, Global Unity,..... etc.)
(Subjects: Who/What is Kryon ?, Egypt Uprising, Iran/Persia Uprising, Peace in Middle East without Israel actively involved, Muhammad, "Conceptual" Youth Revolution, "Conceptual" Managed Business, Internet, Social Media, News Media, Google, Bankers, Global Unity,..... etc.)
- MEPs can keep their expenses secret, European Court of Justice rules
- Many Dutch MEPs are ‘vague’ about what they do with their expenses
- EU leaders, minus UK, declare 'Europe is our common future'
- Pope warns EU 'risks dying' without new vision
- EU founding fathers signed 'blank' Treaty of Rome (1957)
- Shuttered: EU ditches summit 'family photo'
- Poland's Donald Tusk takes over as EU Council president
- Merkel says fall of Wall proves 'dreams can come true'
- New President Juncker, European commissioners officially take office
- EU's Juncker wins green light for 'last chance' team
- Britain, France get top jobs from EU's Juncker
- Juncker is the new European Commission President
- German Socialist Martin Schulz elected new EU parliament president
Pope Francis and other religious leaders at the Vatican. Photograph: AP
"The Recalibration of Awareness – Apr 20/21, 2012 (Kryon channeled by Lee Carroll) (Subjects: Old Energy, Recalibration Lectures, God / Creator, Religions/Spiritual systems (Catholic Church, Priests/Nun’s, Worship, John Paul Pope, Women in the Church otherwise church will go, Current Pope won’t do it), Middle East, Jews, Governments will change (Internet, Media, Democracies, Dictators, North Korea, Nations voted at once), Integrity (Businesses, Tobacco Companies, Bankers/ Financial Institutes, Pharmaceutical company to collapse), Illuminati (Started in Greece, with Shipping, Financial markets, Stock markets, Pharmaceutical money (fund to build Africa, to develop)), Shift of Human Consciousness, (Old) Souls, Women, Masters to/already come back, Global Unity.... etc.) - (Text version)
“… The Shift in Human Nature
You're starting to see integrity change. Awareness recalibrates integrity, and the Human Being who would sit there and take advantage of another Human Being in an old energy would never do it in a new energy. The reason? It will become intuitive, so this is a shift in Human Nature as well, for in the past you have assumed that people take advantage of people first and integrity comes later. That's just ordinary Human nature.
In the past, Human nature expressed within governments worked like this: If you were stronger than the other one, you simply conquered them. If you were strong, it was an invitation to conquer. If you were weak, it was an invitation to be conquered. No one even thought about it. It was the way of things. The bigger you could have your armies, the better they would do when you sent them out to conquer. That's not how you think today. Did you notice?
Any country that thinks this way today will not survive, for humanity has discovered that the world goes far better by putting things together instead of tearing them apart. The new energy puts the weak and strong together in ways that make sense and that have integrity. Take a look at what happened to some of the businesses in this great land (USA). Up to 30 years ago, when you started realizing some of them didn't have integrity, you eliminated them. What happened to the tobacco companies when you realized they were knowingly addicting your children? Today, they still sell their products to less-aware countries, but that will also change.
What did you do a few years ago when you realized that your bankers were actually selling you homes that they knew you couldn't pay for later? They were walking away, smiling greedily, not thinking about the heartbreak that was to follow when a life's dream would be lost. Dear American, you are in a recession. However, this is like when you prune a tree and cut back the branches. When the tree grows back, you've got control and the branches will grow bigger and stronger than they were before, without the greed factor. Then, if you don't like the way it grows back, you'll prune it again! I tell you this because awareness is now in control of big money. It's right before your eyes, what you're doing. But fear often rules. …”
- More Artcles .....
- Row over Marlboro-funded research that undermined plain cigarette packs
- Swedish private jet scandal claims seventh scalp
- HSBC bank 'helped clients dodge millions in tax'
- Dutch toughen anti-smoking policy, introduce age limit for e-cigarettes
- Wonga writes off debts for 330,000 customers
- Big four accountants under fire in Holland for poor audit work
- Asia's rising tobacco epidemic
- McDonald's Faces 'Millennial' Challenge
- Tough case to crack: the mystery of Britain's falling crime rate
- Full tobacco ban suggested by lawmakers in China
- Bank of America reaches record $17bn settlement over questionable mortgages
- Capitalism is doomed if ethics vanish, says Bank of England governor
- Business Live: Lagarde and Carney call for more integrity in capitalism